Sunday 7 June 2015

Chintamoni Kar Bird Sanctuary, a little oasis in a crowded city



Last time when we went to Kolkata, we made a mental note of visiting this place. This bird sanctuary is relatively new and gaining popularity among the city dwellers.

Previously when I used to stay in Kolkata, I had seen this place, it was more popular by the name "Koyal er Bagan". But when I checked it this time the sanctuary's popularity has surely increased.

The park is near to Narendrapur where there is the famous Narendrapur Ramkrishna Mission. The park is open from 6:00 am till 5 pm during summer and 7:00 am to 4:30 pm in winter.

Entry ticket per person is Rs50. What I really loved about this place is it is very clean, no plastic or litter anywhere. Moreover people are really aware, every single person I encountered was talking in a really low voice so that the quietness of the forest is not disturbed.

Well it was not a great birding day for me, so most of the photos are hazy. Anyway all are for my records. Please bear the hazy ones :)

The entrance gate

                                                     
Ticket counter

Rules & Regulations

Birds which was be seen

Scaly bellied woodpecker

Butterfly

Common Tailor Bird

Common Tailor Bird

Red vented bulbul

White Breasted Waterhen

Common Cormorant

Asian Koel

Dove

Indian Robin

Some wild fruit

Common kingfisher

Parrots

Oriole I suppose

No comments:

Post a Comment